Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pre-season panic buys!

As the start of the federation seasons draws closer, the clamour to buy players grows steadier by the day. I thought I would be immune to this but alas I cracked yesterday as I mentioned in my blog. I think my team are quite good, but lack a bit in midfield, my team creates chances well enough, but it can be a bit nail biting when the ball goes in the other direction! To counter the flair i felt I needed a Dunga, Dechamps figure who would carry the water and let my forward thinking players concentrate on scoring goals. I do not have a vast knowledge or world players or a FM08 editor to help me search for targets so I had to just trawl the in game player lists to look for a fellow who would like to come in from the fml cold.

I eventually made a wage bid on Goran Gavrancic who I now know (thanks to google) plys his trade with Dynamo Kiev. And thanks to the magic of e-mail I received word that Goran had signed for me while I was revising one of my experimental chapters (see picture 1).

The e-mail system works quite well I usually have it switched on to e-mail important things while I am offline in the gameworld. This usually consists of telling my when I have gained a skill, bought a player, or how a tournament I am involved in is progressing.

So knowing I had a new player and also knowing that new players usually arrive lacking match practice, I logged on to try and blood old Goran before lunch. I had time for one friendly at to be fair Goran played a bit like a man possessed, I bought him to stabilise the midfield, but the guy must have just watched the new Rambo film as he was battling away in enemy territory, trying to score and felling my opponent. This type of high intensity football in a player lacking match practice cannot last and as his influence wained in the second half he was rested to fight another day. The only other notable player was Gomis, I have been slagging him off since I signed him and today he seemed to want to prove his worth and actually put in a good performance. I was quite happy with this test on my new boy in the system until I discovered that the guy I played it was his first game ever on FML. (see picture 2)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi its Connor from the FM Forums, great read!