Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Introduction to my team

Ok so before I start to talk about the federation I am in I should introduce my team. In the excitement of actually getting into the beta test I set up my team as quickly as possible, in FML this is achieved using the auto gen wizard, which basically asks you how many players of each type you want (for each position), I think it then asks you your favourite team, and on the basis of those specifications gives you a bunch of players which you can afford to keep without going into the red. For example just because you say you like Liverpool doesn't mean you will get any Liverpool players. My tactic here was to try and choose an unfancied team I knew a little about (St Etienne in France). The result can be seen in the picture below. I have a few St Etienne regulars such as Houri and Tiene, I also got Hobbs from Liverpool, so for an auto gen team I was quite happy. I have since bought Janot and Gomis in (both St Etienne players) and have but wage bids on two players, apart from shifting some crap (you cannot dispose of a player for 7 days once you agree to sign him) This is the team (but not the tactic! I will use in my first season in a federation). The auto gen feature seems to be the route favoured by most new managers and what this means is the teams all start off really quite even meaning the games are usually quite tight.

No comments: